Monday, April 11, 2011

Change

Why is change so difficult? For some people, like myself, getting a new cell phone is a huge deal. It's a change. My numbers look different. I have different back ground colors. I have to slide my phone a different way. The pictures come up from a different direction than before-- sideways instead of from the top.
This is obviously silly but, in any case, it still made me question why humans hate change so much. Not everyone struggles with it to the same degree or from the same reasons, but I don't think there is one human who doesn't struggle with it in some shape or fashion.
I believe it has a lot to do with control. And even though I know I don't have total control of anything, nor will I ever, I still get flustered whenever I am reminded of those hard facts. I think everyone does, actually.
Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Change can freak me out a little and sometimes change is good. I think it's because we like to be in control of everything and letting go of control is scary. We forget that it also comes with a great freedom.

    ReplyDelete